In this episode, we talk to Charlie McMillan, Chief Executive of the Scottish Commission for People with Learning Disabilities (SCLD). Charlie spoke to us about the challenges of finding accommodation for people with learning disabilities in terms of availability and system design and the value of joined-up, holistic approaches.
He also talks about SCLD’s “Include for Good” project, which aims to change society’s view of the status, value and contribution of people with learning disabilities by including their voices in research and policymaking.
- SCLD – https://www.scld.org.uk/
- Include for Good – https://www.includeforgood.co.uk/
- Capability Scotland – https://www.capability.scot/
- Coming Home Report – https://www.gov.scot/news/coming-home-implementation-report/
- UNCRPD – https://www.un.org/development/desa/disabilities/convention-on-the-rights-of-persons-with-disabilities.html
- Dr Karen Watchman – https://www.learningdisabilityanddementia.org/
Scottish Learning Disabilities Observatory – https://www.sldo.ac.uk/