Call for participants
We would like to learn more about the challenges faced by people, living on a low income, who rent their home in the private sector; and what you think needs to change.
We are inviting renters to take part in a virtual focus group lasting approximately one-hour and a half. We will ask about your experiences of living in the private rented sector, how any challenges you’ve experienced as a tenant affect your daily life, and what you think could improve your or others’ experience. It will be friendly and informal; you don’t need any specialist knowledge and all responses will be anonymised.
You will receive a £30 voucher as a thank you for taking part.
The focus groups will take place online as a video call through Zoom or Microsoft Teams, but you do not have to have your camera on.
We have availability in the following focus group sessions:
- Thursday 28th October at 3pm – 4.30pm: https://scotrentersfg28102021.eventbrite.co.uk
- Tuesday 2nd November at 7.30pm – 9pm: https://scotrentersfg2112021.eventbrite.co.uk
- Thursday 4th November at 10.30am – 12pm https://scotrentersfg410am.eventbrite.co.uk
- Thursday 4th November at 1.30pm – 3pm https://scotrentersfg4130pm.eventbrite.co.uk
Are you eligible?
- A private renter in Scotland
- Not in full-time education
- Household income of £30,000 or less, and/or claiming Universal Credit/other benefits
To make your voice heard and help improve the private rented sector in the future, please contact Dr Tom Simcock to book into a focus group or alternatively use one of the EventBrite links above. If you wish to participate a more detailed information sheet will be sent to you and a consent form.
Date: October 20, 2021 8:43 am
Author(s): Gareth James
Categorised in: Markets